Saturday, June 6, 2009

Get Devious!

This one goes out especially to Jordan. If you haven't done so already, join DeviantArt.com; its a great way to get exposure to your work. When I added my flash animation to the site, within 3 hours I had 2 people add it to their favorites and in a couple days I have had nearly 100 views. Since I'm forced to take a break from school for a quarter or 2, I plan on using my scarce spare time to churn out as much quality work as I can and post it to DV in hopes that it may lead to a job or a some freelance work.


Now for everyone else...
I mentioned trying to churn out some work for the exposure purpose in hopes that the right person will like what I'm doing and I can get some Benjamins in my pocket and hopefully tell the TSA to kiss my shiny white butt. If you or anyone you know is in need of a website, let me know. I plan on doing my first few for free, my only payment will be that I can add the site to my portfolio. The only money the client will have to put into it is the for publishing on a server and that won't need to go through me.

My experince:
Photoshop
Illustrator
Flash
Dreamweaver
XHTML
Digital Photography

One more note:
I already own the domain name www.dickfamily.me, if anyone has Ideas for the site let me know.

1 comment:

Jordy said...

I'm familiar with Deviant Art however I'm not a big fan of it. People taking your shit is a big problem on there. Despite the "copyright" claims. And I don't really like the setup.
On the other hand I may take you up on this website construction you can do. Me and my friend/roommate Jared kinda tossed around the idea of starting a website. We work collaboratively and we're just now initiating going public and exhibiting. I'll try to cultivate something with Jared and I'll pitch you something.
Hit me up sometime
octopaste@gmail.com

Jordan